Get peace of mind and secures today’s funeral prices, whilst ensuring the service you want.
Why choose a funeral plan with Edward Carter?
With a funeral plan from Edward Carter, you can be sure that your loved ones will be spared much of the burden of organising a funeral. With our support, you specify the details in advance, and the costs of our services are taken care of, giving you true peace of mind.
Financial peace of mind
Over the last decade, the cost of funerals has nearly doubled. This year on year rise means making arrangements in advance can prove to be an extremely sound financial decision that will benefit your family or estate.
With an Edward Carter Funeral Plan we guarantee that, once your plan is paid for, there’ll be no more to pay for the services within our control.
Design the funeral service you want
Our friendly and expert team are here to advise and support you every step of the way. Many personal decisions have to be made, and we can help you to understand all of the options available to you. Your wishes are special – and you can be sure we will carry them out to the letter.
In partnership with a trusted partner
All our plans are held in trust with Golden Charter, the UK’s largest independent funeral plan provider. When you take out a plan, you can rest assured your payments are protected. Depending on how you wish to pay, plan holder funds are either paid into the Golden Charter Trust or to one of the UK’s leading life assurance policies.
As an FPA registered provider, Golden Charter is committed to protecting customers’ payments and guaranteeing to cover the funeral director’s services specified in your plan. Over 500,000 people have already trusted Golden Charter to take care of their funeral.
How it works
When you take out an Independent Way plan, you have the reassurance that your money is protected. You choose how to pay for your plan and your money is paid into the Golden Charter Trust.
Your money grows and, when the time comes, we receive the payment, including any growth, and use this money to provide the agreed services to your family. No matter how much costs have risen in the intervening period, your loved ones will not be asked for a penny more for the guaranteed funeral director’s services included within your plan.
Included in the plan
As part of your funeral plan, the funeral directors’ services included will typically include:
- Professional charges. These represent a high proportion of a funeral director’s costs and include making all arrangements for cremation or burial
- Conveyance of the deceased from the place of death to the funeral director’s premises, a chapel of rest or other suitable location
- Caring for the deceased and attending to the hygienic preparation necessary to allow viewing, if requested by family or friends
- Advice on the certification and registration of death and related documentation
- Provision of a hearse and other funeral vehicles
- Advice on bereavement counselling
A balanced approach to third party costs
Inevitably there are always costs that are not within our financial control. These third party expenses include the fees for the cemetery, crematorium and clergy or officiant, which will be costed at today’s prices in your plan.
Your payment is held with a view to maintaining a level of growth at least equivalent to the increases in inflation. However, if at the time of need, the increase in the third party costs is greater than the growth, we would have the option to approach the family for an additional amount.
Third party costs may include:
- Crematorium fee
- Clergy/officiant’s fee
- Purchase of a grave or lair
- Cemetery fee: the opening of an existing or new grave for burial or interment of cremated remains
- Hire of church or other venue
- Fees of organist or soloist
- Memorial, such as a headstone, entry in a book of remembrance or planting of a tree
- Catering, floral tributes and newspaper announcements
Commitment with Compassion
We are committed to giving unrivalled, experienced support throughout the whole process and with all arrangements.
We really care about each and every family that we are privileged enough to help, and pride ourselves on offering a compassionate, supportive, human touch during this distressing time.
To find out more about our services, or for an informal chat about your personal requirements, please get in touch.